Computer Ransomware Virus
Click here to purchase
Dumb Computer Repair
On CryptoLocker Ransomware
Dumb Computer will not be responsible for any damage that may occur to your PC.
So it's critical that you Backup your PC.
This why we always tell our customers to Backup, Backup and Backup all of your data before you get these type infection.
Remember this is a new type of ransomware and these computer terrorists are getting worst. So backup your computer today!
What is CrytoLocker: As of 11-20-2013
This is a Ransomware that will encrypt all of your files, then demand a ransom of $100 to $300 dollars in order to decrypt your files.
- Operating System that is targeted: all version of Windows including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8
- You see a countdown timer: giving you 96 hours or 4 days to pay the ransom or it will delete your encryption key and you will not have any way to decrypt your files.
- You see instructions on how to make a payment, using MoneyPak vouchers or Bitcoins.
- Once this company receives your payment, the program will start decrypting your files.
- The infection will also hijack your .EXE extensions so that when you launch an executable it will attempt to delete the Shadow Volume Copies that are on the affected computer.
How do you become infected with CryptoLocker
- Emails from FedEx, UPS, DHS, etc.
- When you open any of these emails that will begin the process of encrypting your files. These emails contain a zip attachment that when opened will infect your computer. You can see other email subjects from Bleeping Computer.com
- These zip files contain executables that are disguised as a PDF files as they have a PDF icon and are typically named something like FORM_10111.EXE OR FORM10111.pdf.exe.
- Remember Microsoft does not show extension by default. They will show the normal PDF files and they will often open at of cusosity.
- Do not open any emails that might suspious to you from people you do not know and that may look suspicious to you. (delete them)
- CryptoLocker creates a private key that is stored in their secret server. This is the key that will decrypt all of your files that was encrypted once you pay the Ransomware. (Some folks had to wait two to three days to get their files decrypt)
- When your files have been encrypted by CryptoLocker you will see the encrypt your files you and desktop background color of your computer change, then you will see CrypteLocker screen will pop up demanding money from you.
- CryptoLocker's server will delete your key that decrypt your files after the Ransomware clock runs out. (You will not be able to get your files decrypted if this happen.)
My computer is infected with the CrytoLocker ransomware, what should I do first.
- The first thing you should do is disconnect your Desktop or Laptop from the internet. Also make sure your wireless on your Laptop is switched off. This will stop the ransomware from encrypting all of your files.
- You can also pull out your AC adapter plug for your network router.
- Check to see if all of your files was encrypted.
- Please save all of your files that were not encrypted as of yet into a CD, DVD, or USB Flash Drive. (Remember CryptoLocker can not encrypt your files if you not connect to the internet.)
If you do not have System Restore enabled on your computer or reliable backups, then you will need to pay the ransom in order to get your files back. Please note that there have been cases when individual have paid the ransom and the decryption did not work for whatever reason. Furthermore, if you do not pay the ransom within the allotted time, the Cryptolocker decryption tool will be removed from your system and makes it much more difficult, if not impossible, to restore your files.
After saving my files what should I do
- Remove the CryptoLocker Ransomware Virus
- Re-install your Operating System (Best Option)
- Install Microsoft updates and Patches.
- Install or update your Anti-Virus program
- Install Web of Trust (WOT)
What should I do before my computer get infected?
- Please backup your computer daily and also open a free online account with Dropbox or Google Drive to save your photos and important documents in the Cloud. (You may want to encrypt it locally before uploading to the Cloud)
- Purchase an External hard drive to save all of your documents, photos and also create an image of your computer so you can restore your computer back to when you created that last image. (Plus save yourself $300.00 dollars from these Computer Terrorists who will encrypt all of your files)
- ****You should have at least two different ways to backup your files. ****
- You need to also periodically test your backup and confirm that you're able to recover your data.
- Locate all of your CDs that came with your PC, (Please contact your computer manufacture to order a new set of CD/DVD. Cost is about $30.00 to $50.00 dollars to ship it to you.
- Use Anti-Virus and make sure that you have the latest update at all time.
- Please update the latest patches and fixes for your computer. (Windows Update: Click on your start menu and type Windows Update on the search box then hit enter.)
- Setup your computer system Restore and create a new restore point.
- Click here to download CryptoPrevent a free program from Foolishit
Dumb Computer Repair
No cost to you, If we can't fix it
Call or Text Me Phone: 617-419-0007 or 781-408-1200
Computer Repair will not charge you per hour for your PC repair.
We will only charge you per task.
This way, you know exactly how much it will cost before we start.